Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm the worst blogger ever

Ok, so I haven't been here in a long time... Do I need to tell you that we failed? After the negative result I didn't think I was ever going to come back... I was so heartbroken that the sight of a pregnant woman or a woman with a baby was enough to make me want to crawl back into bed an sob. Thankfully, no one I know has gotten pregnant since then. And then I got a birth announcement. My oldest and dearest friend was due in November and she sent me a picture of her new baby girl. I had been having a good day and the sight of her baby just made me cry. Not exactly the reaction a new mom would be hoping for, but fortunately, she couldn't see my tears through the e-mail. I e-mailed her to congradulate her and told her that we had failed and were done. She e-mailed me back, telling me that she was so sorry and that she would say a prayer for me.

Well, folks, that must have been one hell of a prayer... I'm not pregnant, but a close friend called that night and offered to be a surrogate for us! Thinking about that call last week, still brings tears to my eyes... I can't believe how lucky we are! I've had people say "Oh, I'll surrogate for you" only to say seconds later that they are kidding... You can't kid about something like that - you just can't. Another friend said she has thought about it, but she has not had any children, so she isn't an option. This friend has three children and is healthy. She is in the medical field, so she knows what is involved and she is willing to give us this gift! Of course, the first step is her offer. Now I have to go back and see my doctor to find out how all of this works. We live in different states, but both states support surrogacy. My mind is reeling and I have to wait over a week to see my doctor... I'm hoping my eggs are healthy enough to use. I'm hoping I don't get fired for taking the time off I will need to do all of this, since I would prefer to have the transfer done where she lives, since I don't want her to have to travel after the transfer, plus, I don't want her to have to take any more time than she needs to for this. I just want to make this as easy as I can for her, since she is doing something so huge for us!

Funny thing is, I'm not a religious person... But that prayer came from someone who is... And I am forever grateful to her for this chance!

No comments: